Thursday, February 26, 2009

The king of the Vampires is a US Marine

Due to its long episode running time (1+ hour each) I've slowly been catching up on the excellent modern war TV mini series Generation Kill. It originally aired about 8 months ago and during that time I've watched quite a few other shows. This has lead to not one, but two instances where an actor I originally saw in Generation Kill is more familiar to me from another series which I'd started watching after GK. So when I watch a new GK episode I have an odd mix of deja vu and the feeling of recognising someone but not being able to remember where from (is there a word for that?).

The following are two actors who I originally saw in Generation Kill back in July of 2008 but have since become more familiar through other shows, namely The Mentalist and True Blood.

Example 1 (Generation Kill vs True Blood): Alexander SkarsgÄrd


Sgt. Brad “Iceman” Colbert from Generation Kill


Eric “King of the vampires” Northman from True Blood

Example 2 (Generation Kill vs The Mentalist vs Sarah Connor Chronicles): Owain Yeoman


Sgt. Eric Kocher (right) from Generation Kill with "Captain America"


CBI detective Wayne Rigsby (left) from The Mentalist (with Simon Baker)


Terminator "Cromartie" from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (Pilot episode only)

No comments: