Monday, September 1, 2008

Red vs Blue Goes Animated

I can't put my finger on the date or time when "cartoon" became "anime" but according to Joystiq (and the following video) Red vs Blue, probably the most famous machinima ever to grace our computer screens, has now gone all animated.

At first I thought this was a bizarre turn of events seeing as the whole POINT of the series was that it was *in* the Halo world but after watching the clip it appears as though the banal banter and stupid humour still stands meaning RvB is still RvB.

In a world where everybody is jumping on the CG bandwagon it's good to see someone jumping off the bandwagon and back to the good ol' days (of bad 80s cartoons). It's a bit hard to see through the shaky cam video so I'll reserve my final judgement until I've seen the final product.

Now back to this misuse of the word "anime". Anime is Japanese animation often based on a manga (comic) and is not a general word to describe any and all hand-drawn or CG animation. Blame Nickelodeon for the poor kids these days who don't know the difference.

No comments: