Saturday, September 6, 2008

Tech.Ed Summary

Well, Tech.Ed Australia 2008 has come and gone leaving me with a bursting brain and a bursting belly.  Instead of going into detail about what is currently at the front of my mind I'm going to list a few bullet points in no particular order.  I may expand on these at a later date...
  • RFID is a good idea, if it works
  • The best thing you can do for UX is to chuck everything out that you don't need (i.e. the KISS principle) and to START with the design.
  • Empty drink fridges for most of Thursday are NOT cool
  • I'd like to see something ELSE running on the Microsoft Surface other than the photo app
  • Tips of the Show: Ctrl-. and Copy/Paste References in Visual Studio 2008
  • Full Text Search in SQL Server 2008 kicks ass
  • Scott Hanselmann is an absolute pisser and knows his stuff/audience
  • The Windows Mobility team are insane
  • Dr Neil tells it like it is (and is a bit of a stirrer)
  • I still prefer LINQ to SQL over LINQ to Entities
  • I can't decide if Adam Cogan was acting stoned
All up, it was well worth the time and expense (thanks J&A!) and I can't wait to get in to work on Monday to start fiddling with stuff.  Chucking my database on 2008 and the site on IIS7 (bai bai Cassini!). *fingers crossed*

No comments: