Tuesday, July 29, 2008

KITT's A Transformer Now?

We all know that the last Knight Rider outing was an abomination and should never have seen the light of day no matter how cool the Mustang was. After such a dismal failure I've had high hopes for the reinvention of the reinvention but what I'm hearing out of ComicCon is not good.

First we have the new Attack Mode KITT (hit up Shadowy Flight for more pics) which looks plain ridiculous and is far from an improvement over the previous attack mode KITT.

Then we have the preview clip (below) where it looks like the director wanted less cowbell and more Fast and Furious neon lighting, more lasers and a chick that looks like whatshername from Transformers... and they STILL have Val Kilmer doing a bad job of KITT's voice! Oh, and KITT doesn't just make a minor change to his appearance to avoid the bad guys (in the telemovie he turned into a white Mustang) he can actually transform into a totally different vehicle, one that Ford is having trouble selling at the moment and needs some extra marketing (and a drop in fuel prices) for people to consider purchasing.

With this news I have to say that my interest in the remake of a remake of a remake is making me sad and unhappy. I'll give the pilot a go but I'll have my thumb hovering over the delete button while watching.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's with the crystal ball on the dash!

I miss lasers as much as everyone else but come on...

Attack mode - looks like it's participating in Death Race!

Michael Soutar said...

Yep, saw the crystal ball. Reminded me of the "eye" that Hal has in 2001.