Tuesday, July 1, 2008

V: The Second Generation

I was just chatting with Matt about the old V series we watched on the telly back in the 1980s and how, seeing as everything else is being remade, they should remake V. Well, after a huge 5 seconds of Googling I found this article about a new V feature film (and sequels) that are being worked on.

Kenneth Johnson, the creator of the original show had this to say, "... since I own the motion picture rights to V, we’re in the process to do a remake of the original mini-series first as a theatrical feature, which I’m so jazzed about because it will give me an opportunity to really realize it and execute it in a way that was impossible to do back then. Then that will lead to the obvious sequel, because it is a franchise, and then we’ll get into The Second Generation and I'm hoping we’ll be able to do two movies, because there’s certainly enough material in the novel to warrant two separate sequels. That’s my goal at this point and that’s what we’re in the process of doing. I just literally came from a meeting, 15-20 minutes ago with a fellow in Beverly Hills who really says that we’re gonna do it."

Woo hoo! Now the dodgy effects of people eating rodents can be renewed into dodgy CG effects of people eating rodents. Can't wait to see the spiffy suits (with giant sunnies) and the Star Trek rip-off landing craft.

No comments: